The Word-Matching Workshop 1.0
prompt the user to match a word, sentence or small passage with another word,
sentence or small passage.
To create a word-matching exercise:
- Enter a title for the page. This will be displayed at the top
of the exercise.
- Enter a file name for the page. This will give it a unique
name to keep it separate from other files. (Recommendation: Stay with small
letters and don't put spaces in the file name.)
- Optionally, enter a comment or line of text to be displayed
between the title and the actual exercise itself. For example, "This
matching exercise is for use with dialogue two of lesson three."
- On each line of the "Words" enter the word or sentence
you wish to have displayed in the exercise. Don't worry if the line wraps
in your browser. Only by hitting the "enter" or "return"
keys will OWLS recognize the beginning of a new entry. Don't leave a blank
line at the end or this will possibly create a blank entry in the exercise.
- On each line of the "Definitions" enter a word or
sentence you wish to match with the corresponding item on the left.
- Enter the password in the bottom field and then press "Create
To delete an exercise:
- A list of currently available exercises is displayed to the
right in the workshop.
- For each exercise you wish to delete, click in the check box
next to the appropriate file.
- Enter the password in the bottom field and then press "Delete
Things to watch out for:
- Make sure you have an equal number of lines in the two fields
and that they match up.
- Make sure you don't have any blank lines at the end of your
Return to Help Index
OWLS is a free open-source project created by Konrad
Visit the OWLS homepage for
October 28, 2002