The Media Workshop 1.0
The media workshop allows the upload of sound files which may
be listened to by students are incorporated by other workshops such as the reading
To upload a media file:
- Click on the "Browse" button next to the field labelled
- Find the sound file you wish to upload on your hard drive.
MP3, AVI,MP4,WAV,MOV files are all accepted. Realplayer files cannot be used.
- Enter the password in the bottom field and then press "Upload
To delete a media file:
- A list of currently available media is displayed to the right
in the workshop.
- For each file you wish to delete, click in the check box next
to the appropriate file.
- Enter the password in the bottom field and then press "Delete
Things to watch out for:
- Make sure the file that you are trying to upload is less than
the maximum size allowed (1.5MB by default)
- If the web server you have installed OWLS on is running low
on space, you may receive an error. Delete some of your media files.
- If you have a slow internet connection or if the file is very
large, the upload can take a long time or may time out. Use smaller files
or use FTP to directly upload media files into the media folder where the
exercise page can find the files.
Return to Help Index
OWLS is a free open-source project created by Konrad
Visit the OWLS homepage for
October 28, 2002