Shortcuts in Flashcard Wizard
In addition to the keyboard shortcuts for menu commands, there are a number of shortcuts which are less obvious to the average user.
Contextual Menus -
- If you hold the control key down and click on the list view of an open set, the options from the "Edit Set List" will pop up at the entry you click allowing you to edit, delete entries, or perform other functions.
- Also, if you hold the control key down and click on a flashcard while reviewing it, various shortcuts will appear such as "Edit Entry," "Mark Entry," "Advance," "Wrong," and "Go Back".
- If you hold the control key down and click on the "Open" or "Load User" buttons in the toolbar, a menu of recently open sets or recently loaded users will pop up at the toolbar button's location.
Flashcard Shortcuts - In addition to those shortcuts set in the flashcard preferences, the following keys are active in the flashcard study mode:
- e - This key will edit the current entry in the "Add Card" window. It is not available during interval study
- b - This key will move back through the entries reviewed in flashcard study. It is not available during interval study
- q - This key will mark an entry correct.
- w - This key will mark an entry incorrect.
- x - This will mark the current entry and then register it incorrect.
- a - This will mark the current entry and then register it correct (or show the hidden fields if they haven't yet displayed).
Adding User Sets - Hold the option key down as you choose this menu item to add a whole folder of user sets instead of a single set. You may also add multiple user sets by choosing "Add Folder" in the "User Sets" window.
Loading Signatures - Hold the option key down as you push the "Load..." button in the "About this set..." window to load the most recently saved signature. Useful if you use the same signature for multiple sets.
If you think other shortcuts would be useful in Flaschard Wizard, send an email with your suggestions.
Back to Flashcard Wizard Help Page